BACK TO TOP

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Breaking Noah by Missy Johnson & Ashley Suzanne - Review

 
Release Date: 12th May 2015. 

Blurb:

 
What happens when you start falling for your worst enemy? Fans of Abbi Glines and Monica Murphy will relish this addictive novel of smoking-hot seduction—and revenge gone so wrong, it’s right.

I wasn’t always this jaded. I had a clear head, things I wanted out of life, and a concise plan on how to get there. For being only twenty-one, I pretty much had it all figured out. Until the day my cousin died.

I spent months going over all the details surrounding her death, trying to figure out how I missed the signs, and the only thing I could come up with was she would still be alive if it wasn’t for one person: her professor. So I transferred to his college, enrolled in his class, and set my new plan in motion.

First I’ll seduce him. Then I’ll ruin him. I’ve just got to stay strong and not let his charm and my emotions get the best of me. Because someone has to pay for her death. If it’s the last thing I do, I’m going to break Noah.

Includes a special message from the editor, as well as an excerpt from another Loveswept title.
 


 

Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: February 2015.
 
 Rating: 3.5 Lipsticks


I have been a huge fan of Missy Johnson for quite a while now, her words, her stories, the world she creates, the way her characters embed themselves into my heart and her stories jump off the page. The premise of the Breaking Noah intrigued me, it was a little darker then previous works by Johnson and I was excited to see what Ashley Suzanne and Missy Johnson created together.

Zara had always planned on moving to Northwestern to join her cousin, Karly, the two of them share a bond more akin to sisters, but when her cousin unexpectedly commits suicide, and Zara learns the reason was a torrid affair with a someone who should of been off limits, Zara's reason for moving is now steadily ground in revenge and not in furthering her studies. She is single minded in her obsession, she will seduce lecturer Noah and she will out him for all the hurt he brought upon Karly in her far too short life.

Zara isn't the only one hiding secrets, as she moves forward with her plan to bring down the one person who lead to her cousins demise, all may not be as it seems, secrets and lies are everywhere she turns and the people she least expects may have more to do with the wrong she's trying to right.

For me this story was very much Zara's vehicle, as she puts her plan into action to seduce and uncover Noah's secret, she soon realises she wants him in a way she didn't think she would, she wants his time, not just his body, the more she gets to know, the less she can believe he could be capable of hurting the person she was closest to in this world.

While this story held me captive at times, I was intrigued by this slightly darker, suspense filled tale, but I found it difficult to connect as times, the writing felt different than what I was used to, and as much as I wanted to be invested, I struggled to find that connection with Noah and Zara. While I enjoyed the story, and felt that familiar pull and zing at times, I never truly felt like I was drowning in the world Ashley and Missy created despite how much I wanted to. Breaking Noah was an enjoyable read for me, and I would pick up other titles co written by Johnson and Suzanne in the future.

 


 
 

Pre Order Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment