BACK TO TOP

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Prick (A Stepbrother Romance) by Sabrina Paige


Blurb: 

I can't stop thinking about that prick. 

Caulter Sterling is a prick.

A filthy-mouthed, womanizing, crude, spoiled, arrogant prick.

The tattooed, pierced, panty-melting-hot son of a celebrity.

I hate him.

He's slept his way through practically every girl at Brighton Academy.  

Except for me.

I'm the good girl. The responsible girl. The 4.0, class president, studied-so-much-she-never-lost-the-big-V girl.

And in celebration of graduation and adulthood, I just made the worst decision in the history of ever.  

I lost my V-card to the devil himself.

It was just one night. So what if it was mind-blowing? Hit it and quit it.

Except I just found out that my father - the Senator, the Presidential hopeful - is marrying Caulter's mother. Oh, and this summer? We're hitting the campaign trail.

One big happy family.

I'm totally f**ked.


Kristine's Review: 
Reviewed: March 2015. 

There seems to be a slew of step brother style romances hitting bookshelves lately and I've been reticent to pick one up, but I stumbled across the blurb for Prick and I was instantly intrigued. Caulter Sterling seemed to be a cocky badboy and Katherine Harrison the perfect step ford daughter who's desperate to break her perfect image if only for one night. 

Katherine is the epitome of the perfect daughter, good grades, smart, well put together, conservative, as her high school life at an elite boarding school comes to an end, she decides to live a little and partake in some extra curricular activities, calling on the resident man whore Caulter to rid her of her pesky virginity unbeknownst to him. One night to step out of her well manicured box before she spends a long summer at home with her Senator ex Army father and his regimented life. What was supposed to be one night free of the dutiful glare of her father and her pristine predetermined life ends in ruin, when she returns home after graduation to discover her father is set to wed none other than Caulter's mother. 

The snarky banter, and sizzling chemistry between these two is off the charts, I'm a huge fan of enemies to lovers stories and Paige pulls Prick off flawlessly. The perfect blend of humor and heat, this book had me simultaneously wiping my eyes and fanning my face. There is more to these two than meets the eye, Katherine may have to censor how she behaves and continue to be the dutiful daughter in public but her feisty, sarcastic responses to Caulter and his prickish ways had me laughing and cheering her on. Watching the bond between these two shift from one of primal lust to something deeper had me invested in not only the characters but the story. Prick was the perfect book to pull me out of my reading induced hangover - light, funny and sexy, this was a joy to read.


AMAZON: Prick: A Stepbrother Romance 

No comments:

Post a Comment