BACK TO TOP

Sunday 19 April 2015

The Virgin Romance Novelist - Meghan Quinn - Review

 

 

Blurb:


Her bosom heaved at an alarming rate as his rough hand found its way down to her soft, yet wiry briar patch...

Can you say briar patch in a romance novel? What about meat sword? That’s what it is…a meat sword, right, all meaty and sword like, slaying through the inner dungeons of a woman’s dark desires. What about breasts? Do bosoms really heave?

God, I have no idea what happens when private parts touch.

I’m a virgin trying to write a romance novel and can’t seem to write past a sex scene thanks to my lack of experience.

My two best friends encourage me to drop the pen for a while and gain some real life practice through multiple dating facets such as blind dates, online profiles, and random hook ups.

But losing my virginity is proving to be tougher than expected...

Goodreads




Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: April 2015.





Have you ever craved something light and funny? Something heartfelt, with just the right amount of angst, The Virgin Romance Novelist has that and more. Rosie is plodding along through life writing for a cat magazine while dreaming of writing her own books. But writing romance isn't as easy as she thought, sex scenes aren't all heaving bosoms and quivering loins, having very little experience to base her books off Rosie begins dating looking to finally have some knowledge to draw on.

Rosie's rag tag team of friends Henry, Delaney, Derk and Jenny keep you laughing, as every conceivable disastrous event could occur on her dates, from split pants to vomiting, Rosie's adventure into the world of dating and sex is laugh out loud funny.

Rosie's naivety is thoroughly endearing, her quirky friends and work place not only ensured that I was invested in her life but it was her outlook on life and her relationships with her friends that had me falling in love with her. Her honesty, her frank conversations with those around her. Her run ins with Sir Licks-a-Lot, her evil cat nemesis had me giggling.

There's so much heart in the The Virgin Romance Novelist, often I find books that do humour well are lacking in heart and story, almost as if light and funny negates having a great story, but Quinn had both in spades. Funny, often irreverent, with just the right amount of heat and heart. This was my first Meghan Quinn book, but it definitely wont be my last.


 
 

About Meghan Quinn:

 

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

​I currently reside in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.

Find Meghan on FB


Purchase Links:

Amazon US:  http://amzn.com/B00U9T8FUE
Amazon AUS: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00U9T8FUE
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00U9T8FUE

No comments:

Post a Comment