BACK TO TOP

Monday 29 June 2015

The Allure of Julian LeFray by R.S. Grey - ARC review

Title: The Allure of Julian Lefray
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: June 29, 2015
Find on Goodreads


Synopsis:




From: JosephineKeller@LLDesigns.com
To: LilyNBlack@gmail.com
Subject: Justin Timberlake Nudes!

Lily, you predictable perv. I knew you’d open this email faster if I tempted you with a glimpse of JT's “PP”. Well, put your pants back on and grab some bubbly because I have much better news to share.

I GOT A JOB!

As of tomorrow, I’ll be the new executive assistant at Lorena Lefray Designs. I am SO excited, but there’s one itty bitty problem: I won’t be Lorena’s assistant. I’ll be working for her older brother, Julian.

I know what you're thinking- "But Jo, what’s the problem?"

Google him. Now. He’s the man in the fitted navy suit whose face reminds you that there’s hope yet for this cruel, ugly world. Keep scrolling…Do you see those dimples? Yup. That’s the Julian Lefray I will be reporting to tomorrow morning.

Lord, help us all...

XO,
Jo




Buy Links:

Amazon US: 
http://amzn.to/1Ej4KTs






Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: June 2015.


There's a certain feeling I've come to expect will wash over me as I start in on a R.S. Grey book, it's a feeling of warmth and contentment, joy and frivolity, a little quirky, a little silly, a lot sexy and always fun, Grey has this ability to blend a rainbow of emotions into one tight, strong package, her characters are real, relatable, there's a sense that you could very easily slip in their world, and live the lives described.

Josephine Keller has always dreamed of greatness, of fashion houses, of product placement, of branding and blogging, of taking fashion trends to the masses, but first she has to get out of the middle of nowhere town in Texas she grew up in. Jo's big dreams for New York City life couldn't be further from reality though, what little money she had is fast running out and if she is ever going to bring her dream to fruition she's going to have to find a job and start developing connections within the industry and continue posting  on her blog What Jo Wore cementing her position as the future of social media fashion bloggers.

Julian LeFray has seen plenty of success in his young life, he's got wealth, looks and pedigree, when his sister Lorena takes some much needed time away from her fashion business Julian steps in and takes the reigns to ensure the business doesn't end up in the toilet, but while he may be business savvy his social media skills could definitely use some guidance, and Josephine Keller might just be the answer.

There's an inherent cuteness to R.S. Greys stories, her heroines are part quirky girl next door part sassy vixon, her hero's are alpha males without being arseholes, her books have spunk, and a boat load of character, the instant chemistry between Julian and Jo leapt off the page, it had a tangible quality, I could feel it in every conversation and meeting, every nuance, every sideways glance, every soft smile, every shared joke, every wink. What I loved the most about The Allure of Julian LeFray is that these characters aren't broken, they aren't nursing past's full of grief and despair, this is the kind of book I crave when I'm in a reading slump, when I'm down and out, or when I just want to escape for a few hours, Grey effortlessly draws me in EVERY SINGLE TIME, I never fail to feel connected, to feel invested, and LeFray was certainly no different, I didn't want it to end, the easy camaraderie between these two was both sweet and funny, and the chemistry smoking hot, Grey has easily cemented herself as a go to author for me.



 

Playlist:



 



Author Info:



 
I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favourite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment