BACK TO TOP

Monday 23 November 2015

Appealed (The Legal Briefs #3) by Emma Chase - ARC Review

Releases: 19th January 2016.

Blurb:

When Brent Mason looks at Kennedy Randolph, he doesn’t see the awkward, sweet girl who grew up next door. He sees a self-assured, stunning woman…who wants to crush the most intimate - and prized - parts of his anatomy beneath the heels of her Christian Louboutins.

Brent has never let the loss of his leg in a childhood accident affect his ability to lead a fulfilling life. He sets high goals–and then he reaches them.

And now he has his sights set on Kennedy.
**
When Kennedy looks at Brent Mason, all she sees is the selfish, Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue-worthy teenager who humiliated her in high school to join the popular crowd. A crowd that made those years a living hell.

She’s not a lovesick social outcast anymore - she’s a DC prosecutor with a long winning streak behind her. Brent is the opposing attorney in her next case and she thinks it’s time to put him through a little hell of his own.

But things aren’t exactly working out that way.

Because every fiery exchange has her wondering if he’s as passionate in the bedroom as he is in the courtroom. Each argument and objection only makes him want her more. In the end, Brent and Kennedy may just find themselves in love…or in contempt of court.

APPEALED is a sexy, humorous romance about first crushes, second chances and the final verdict of the heart.

Purchase Links:  

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1N7U2GH
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1jfkXnZ
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/1PUORdY
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1N7UMvH
Amazon PB: http://amzn.to/1PUOGzB
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1U9WvQK
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1X83bWn

Purchase the other books in the Legal Briefs series:

Overruled (#1): http://amzn.to/1N83utH
Sustained (#2): http://amzn.to/1N84yxO

Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: November 2015.

When an Emma Chase book hits you're kindle you do a little fist pump and mentally organise your schedule so you can have some down time with Brent and Kennedy... last night while I lying in bed willing myself to sleep, I decided to start Appealed...just one chapter I told myself, I'll just read until my eyes get heavy and I'll put it down, less than two hours later I put my kindle down on my bedside table with a satisfied smile after reading The End.

Brent Mason is somewhat of an enigma, I adored the bond he and Sofia shared in Overruled, I laughed his quick wit in Sustained, but in Appealed I absolutely fell in love with him, with his dirty mouth, his illicit thoughts, his buff and toned body, the way he didn't expect special treatment after losing his leg at a young age, the way he didn't let the world swallow him up or wallow in despair, Brent is proof that the only person who can hold you back from what you want to achieve in life.

Kennedy Randolph was once the object of Brent's childhood and teenage fantasies, years have passed since they last set eyes on each other, there was a time when Kennedy would of followed Brent anywhere, but that time is past, now she's back home, a successful Prosecutor in her own right, she's shed the mousey nerdy image she once wore like a cloak, and she's determined not to repeat the same mistakes she once made.

"I'm not sure..."
"All you have to do is take my hand." 


Second chance romance .... check
Childhood best friends .... check
Witty banter and snappy dialogue .... check
Sexual tension that seeps from the pages .... check
Friends to lovers .... check

Appealed is pretty much my kryptonite, every thing about this book from the friends to lovers, the second chance romance, the childhood besties....these are the things that make me giddy in anticipation desperate for the chance to dive in, there's more to this story than just a super sexy romance, Brent and Kennedy have a past, they share a history, it wasn't always pretty and they both got hurt, but that history has shaped who they have become, they aren't one dimensional characters on a page, they are larger than life, they are vivacious, they are strong and independent and reading their witty banter had me laughing out loud, I adored everything, every shared glance, every soft smile, every small gesture, every snappy comeback, their connection undeniable, the sexual chemistry palpable, everything about Chase's writing drew me in and left me wanting more.

"I said...I said we had to keep riding...because the ride was the only thing that made the falling worth it."

There's no denying that I am a huge fan of the author, she is without a doubt a go to for me when I want something funny and sexy without losing depth or story, and while I'll always be a huge fan of Drew, Appealed has rocked it's way to the top of the Legal Briefs series and is giving Tangled some major competition. Every new book Chase releases the more hungry I become for her words, her comedic timing impeccable, her ability to create something sizzlingly sexy and yet heartfelt and real never fails to leave me sated and yet excited for what she does next. Kudos Emma Chase for once again capturing my attention, for making it impossible for me to put this book down, for giving me Brent and Kennedy to fall in love with, for reminding me that sometimes you need to be brave, sometimes you have to charge out on your own, and sometimes you need to let someone else slay your dragons for you.




About Emma Chase:


By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colourful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

Visit Emma Chases Website: http://www.emmachase.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment