BACK TO TOP

Friday 13 November 2015

Dearest Clementine (Dearest #1) by Lex Martin - Review



Blurb:

Twenty-year-old Clementine Avery doesn't mind being called bitchy and closed off. It's safe, and after being burned by her high school sweetheart and stalked by a professor her freshman year of college, safe sounds pretty damn good.

Her number one rule for survival? No dating. That is until she accidentally signs up for a romance writing class and needs material for her latest assignment. Sexy RA Gavin Murphy is more than happy to play the part of book boyfriend to help Clem find some inspiration, even if that means making out...in the name of research, of course.

As Gavin and Clem grow closer, they get entangled in the mystery surrounding a missing Boston University student, and Clem unwittingly becomes a possible target. Gavin tries to show Clem she can handle falling in love again, but she knows she has to be careful because her heart’s at stake…and maybe even her life.

DEAREST CLEMENTINE is a stand-alone novel with two companion novels. This New Adult romance is recommended for readers 18+ due to mature content.
Goodreads



Kristine's Review:

Reviewed: August 2015.

After seeing Dearest Clementine teasers flood my news feed, I went to #1click, low and behold, there it was already sitting on my kindle waiting for me...don't judge me...it happens more often than I like to admit, so I dove in and now I'm sitting here trying to figure out why it took me so long.

Clementine has had some crap luck with me, first her high school boyfriend Daren cheated on her, with her best friend....and to make matters worse she caught them in the act, then as if that wasn't bad enough, she went off to college for a fresh start and ended up being stalked by her over eager Professor who couldn't seem to take no for an answer. As a result not only is Clem man shy but she's become a shadow of her former fun loving, outgoing self.

When she meets Gavin, the sexy RA she finds herself interested in a man for the first time in a long time, but she's not ready to dive back into the murky dating and relationship waters quite yet, and if Gavin wants a chance he's going to have to give Clem a reason to step out of her comfort zone.

Gavin is EVERYTHING I want in a my leading man, he's super sweet, charming, sexy, funny and still has those alpha tendencies that make me a swoony mess. There was something about this story that drew me instantly, partly due to Clem's fractured spirit, but her tenacity to continue despite her insecurities, partly due to Gavin's ability to see past the façade that Clem puts on for everybody and see both the broken and the beautiful that she keeps hidden, his ability to both put her at ease and set her alight.

Dearest Clementine is part NA romance, part suspense, it's funny and sweet and sexy, it set my heart racing and made me a swoony swoony mess, everything about this book made me happy, leaving a smile on my face, this was my first novel by Lex Martin but it certainly won't be my last, I've already purchased the second and third books on the series ready to dive in.

 
 
 

Purchase Links:

 
 Amazon Audio: http://amzn.to/1hevwaJ
 
 
 
 
 

About Lex Martin:

Author of DEAREST CLEMENTINE, FINDING DANDELION and KISSING MADELINE. Lex writes new adult novels, the sexy kind with lotsa angst, a whole lotta kissing, and the hot happily ever afters.

Website

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment