BACK TO TOP

Sunday 31 January 2016

Bite The Bullet (Bitten #5) by CC Wood

 
 
 




Synopsis

I don't know what happened to my life.

Just a few months ago, I was independent and had an exciting job I loved. Now, along with my friends, I'm in hiding.

Why? Because I'm one of the Five, a group of human women bestowed with powers and abilities to fight and control supernatural beings. A prophesy was written about us centuries ago. We are supposed to save the world, though none of us knows how.

Now, Cornelius, the leader of a malevolent group known as the Faction believes that by killing us and absorbing our power, he will become unstoppable in his bid to control not only the supernatural domain, but the entire world.

After evading capture and an attempt on my life forced me into months of hiding, I finally have a chance to take action against the Faction — as bait.

Asher Leroux, the vampire tasked with helping me, makes me feel things I don't understand. It's as if he fills the empty places in my soul, spaces that I didn't know existed.

As the final battle draws closer, I know that defeating the Faction won't give me back the life I once had, but maybe that's not such a bad deal after all.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26174569-bite-the-bullet



 
 
Purchase Links:

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1PqiODc

iBooks: http://apple.co/1PHLXvv

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/23vPmlt

Kobo: http://bit.ly/1JIByxh




Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: January 2016.

I've stated that I'm not a huge reader of paranormal romance, I'm not sure why exactly but with the exception of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, the Undead series by Mary Janice Davidson and the fantasy classic The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien I've never really had the urge to read them, and yet I read CC Woods Love Bites and I was so utterly invested that I couldn't put it down, nor could I maintain my claim that paranormal romance wasn't for me.

In the final instalment in the Bitten series Shannon is at a cross roads, her life and the lives of her closest friends has been put on hold, in hiding, alone and desperate for a way to end this war that they have been fighting against Cornelius and The Faction, she's ready to resort to desperate measures to finally ensure her friends are safe. When she approaches Connor to turn her into a vampire, she thinks she finally sees a way out of all their problems. Vampire lore states that there are rules to adhere to for turning people, there's sacred bonds that form, and lines you can't cross, which leaves Shannon at the mercy of the unmated vampires, like Asher Leroux.

Shannon has guarded her heart for a long time, her friends have found their chosen mate, but she's never understood or felt that soul deep kind of connection that they seem to have found, but with Asher she feels something intense, other worldly, something different to anything she could of imagined, but if she's going to have a chance at ending the war they are facing she might have to admit to the attraction she feels and put more than just her body on the line but her heart as well.

CC Wood created a fun, fast, sexy, action packed thrill ride, Bite the Bullet was sexy and scintillating, everything about this story sucked me in, held me captive, and made me desperate for more, Shannon was the kind of heroine I adore, strong, feisty, determined, she's not scared to put herself on the line, she's faced more situations that would leave me crying in the corner than I would like to admit, but more than that she's got a huge heart that I couldn't help loving her even more for. Asher may have been the big strong vamp in this story but for me the hero of this story is Shannon. Bite The Bullet had me utterly captivated, I was invested from the very first page as we stepped inside Shannon's mind and buckled in for her adventure, everything about this story held me on the edge of my seat, desperate for more, CC Wood found the perfect balance between sexy and swoon worthy romance, between action and adrenaline, between fantasy and reality, everything about this book left me both sated and desperate for more, I've made it my resolution to start at the beginning and dive into Love Bites this week, it seems Ms Wood has made me realise that I might just be a fan of paranormal romance after all.






Purchase Other titles in this series:



Bite Me (Bitten #1): http://amzn.to/1PNcEiH
Once Bitten, Too Shy (Bitten #2): http://amzn.to/1PNfhB5
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bitten (Bitten #3): http://amzn.to/1QPyBMW
One Little Bite (Bitten #3.5): http://amzn.to/1Pqj592
Love Bites (Bitten #4): http://amzn.to/1NIZhZf


About CC Wood:




A native Texan, C.C. Wood grew up either reading or playing the piano. Years later, she’s still not grown up and doing the same things. Since the voices in her head never shut up, C.C. decided to share their crazy stories and started writing books.


Now that she has a baby girl at home, C.C.’s non-writing time is usually spent cleaning up poopy diapers or feeding the poop machine. Sometimes she teaches piano, cooks, or spends time bugging her hubby and two beagles.

Visit CC Wood on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment