BACK TO TOP

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Dear Life by Meghan Quinn









Blurb:





Four lives. Four stories. Four sets of letters. Four brave souls in need of guidance while facing life's greatest challenges.

The anonymously published Dear Life program is designed to help them step outside of their comfort zones, face their obstacles, and relinquish their demons...and prove their existence.

With their lives teetering between wanting more and losing it all, all four souls dive into the program as a New Year’s resolution, sending them on a crazy, life-altering journey.

Dear Life,

Please be kind.

Yours truly, Hollyn, Jace, Daisy, and Carter.






Find on Goodreads






Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2npJiv9
Amazon PB: http://amzn.to/2npKnmK
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2ndenS9
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2iHbbhY
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2otlOVA






Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: March 2017.


“It’s easy to observe when you sit back and listen, if you truly listen to someone rather than preparing to respond to what they’re saying."


Hollyn, Jace, Carter and Daisy each have endured traumatic events, leading them to take part in the Dear Life Program hoping to find ways to move on from what haunts them, each are faced with challenges and set backs as they embark on their journey forward, originally I intended to tell you all about Dear Life, about the story Ms Quinn crafted, about the ways it moved me to tears, the ways it challenged me, and yet in the months that followed reading it I'm still no closer to getting those words down, I'm still a mass of emotions. What I can instead tell you is what I took from this book, the message that is engrained in my mind, scored on my heart, the mantra I chant over and over... PROVE YOUR EXISTENCE... instead of using my review as a protective shield, my armour against the world, I want to be open, raw and without filter, I want to challenge myself to live my truth and share what I still feel months later. Thank you Ms Quinn for challenging me, for urging me to do better, to be better, to prove my existence.




“Prove your existence. That’s your new motto to live by. What did you do today to prove your existence, what are you doing tomorrow to prove your existence in this world?”  









Dear Life,

We've had a rocky journey at times haven't we? You've tested me, pushed me, challenged me, you've made me question myself more times than I'd like to admit, to be honest you have made me feel worthless, your trials and tribulations have seen me deflated and crying on the floor unable to see past my grief and heartache as my body failed me time and time again.

Your constant attacks saw me battle eating disorders, anxiety attacks, depression and attempts on my life, you've also shown me soul awakening joy, sheer beauty and splendour. You've put people in my path that have left footprints on my heart and changed my very being. You've thrown me curve balls that pushed me to do better, to be better, to test my fortitude and my strength. You've made me ask myself time after time AM I ENOUGH? Your attacks on my health and body have made me question my worth as a woman, as a person, as someone who always believed themselves to be a good person.

Life, you're a tricky b*tch, you're sneaky, you know for every down there must also be an up, you have shown me sadness so that I can know joy. You have shown me anger so that I can know calm. You have shown me loss so that I can know appreciation. But mostly, you have continued to give me life, despite my taking you for granted.

Kristine.







About Meghan Quinn:




When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since.

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.


Connect with Meghan on Facebook







No comments:

Post a Comment