BACK TO TOP

Monday 20 March 2017

Tempting Tanya (NSFW #3) by C.C. Wood


Blurb:

Jordan Hawke is the one temptation that Tanya Blake can't resist.

Two years ago, the cynical attorney wasn't interested in relationships. Tanya only wanted a fling with the sexy British lawyer. Then she made the mistake of falling in love with him. She was shattered when he left for a job in New York and decided she learned her lesson. Never again would she allow herself to be vulnerable.

She moved on and built an impenetrable wall around her wounded heart.

When Jordan returns to Dallas to take a position at the law firm where she works, he makes it clear that he wants to pick up where they left off. Tanya refuses, determined to protect herself from more pain.

But Jordan won't give up so easily. In fact, he plans to use whatever means necessary to draw Tanya back into his life and his bed. She's not the only one who made a mistake two years ago and he will do whatever it takes to make it right.

Find on Goodreads



Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2lK3jxt
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2m9FLAK
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2luxvOx
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2mV9aym
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2mK0hLp



Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: March 2017.



It's been quite a while since I could sink my teeth into the Not Safe For Work series, in saying that I was momentarily worried that I would forgot characters or some of the back history, but as always with Wood's writing I was instantly able to find my way, I was reacquainted with Lucy and Yancy and easily figured out where the girls were up to in their lives.

"For years, I'd held the conviction that love never lasted, that things would never work out. But what I really believed was that it would never happen for me."

Tanya is definitely the cynical one of the group, every day she watches once happy couples bitterly arguing over shared assets as their marriages dissolve, has left her feeling that relationships are not meant to last, after meeting and enjoying a short term tryst with the only man who could ever make her question  her resolve to stay free or romantic commitment and watching him walk away she is even more set in her ways to live the single life.

"For the first time since I met Jordan Hawke, I was seeing exactly what he was thinking and feeling. Nothing hidden. Nothing protected."

Jordan walked away from Tanya once over two years ago when his career took him in another direction, when Jordan's career brings him back Dallas, to the very law office Tanya works at, Jordan has his chance to see if the explosive chemistry he remembers is still there and if he can recreate it once again.

"She walked into the room and I knew that I had to learn everything I could about her. When I got to know her better, I knew Tanya was everything I could ever want in a partner."

There was something incredibly endearing about Tempting Tanya, in this story about adults overcoming their past hurts and very present fears, the author could of crafted a story with overly dramatic flair, with big angsty moments that screamed out for attention, and drew the reader away from her very sweet message about taking leaps and second chances, but instead crafted a strong, solid story, that was a joy to read, one that left my heart happy, that left a smile on my face. I often find myself questioning the overly dramatic actions of thirty somethings when too much angst in thrown in the mix, I find myself dissociating from the story, and losing that loved up feeling that usually envelops me when I'm enjoying a good book, with Tempting Tanya I never felt anything other than the emotions the author no doubt wanted to elicit, this sparkling addition to one of my much loved series left me smiling from ear to ear.





About C.C. Wood:





Born and raised in Texas, C.C. Wood writes saucy paranormal and contemporary romances featuring strong, sassy women and the men that love them. If you ever meet C.C. in person, keep in mind that many of her characters are based on people she knows, so anything you say or do is likely to end up in a book one day.

A self-professed hermit, C.C. loves to stay home, where she reads, writes, cooks, and watches TV. She can usually be found drinking coffee or wine as she spends time with her hubby, daughter, and two beagles.

Connect with C.C. on Facebook







No comments:

Post a Comment