BACK TO TOP

Tuesday 2 August 2016

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover


Blurb:

Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all-too-human characters, It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.

Find on Goodreads




Purchase Links:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2ar90Yl
Amazon PB: http://amzn.to/2aetWGA
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2ahLk8W
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2aeuU5Q
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2awH2vt




Kristine's Review:
Reviewed: August 2016.

When an author sets out to write a new book, I imagine it's often with the intention of challenging readers to throw their preconceived notions of right and wrong, of black and white out the window and embrace the story they wish to tell. In my experience not every author however is able to do that, it's instead those golden nuggets of wisdom and beauty that you stumble across that irrevocably change you, force you to reassess everything you thought you knew, thought you believed and ball it up and throw it out the window, because life isn't black and white, it's not even grey, it's a whole spectrum of magnificent vibrant hues that have the ability to turn our world technicolor.


"You saved my life, Lily. And you weren't even trying."



I could wax lyrical about every moment that tore my heart asunder, I could scream from the rooftops every moment that left me utterly breathless, I could tell you how I wrestled with my notions of right and wrong, but really all I can tell you is that It Ends With Us is so much more than I ever anticipated. It's more than women's fiction, more than contemporary romance, it's intensely personal, incredibly honest and hauntingly beautiful. It's more than just a story about Lily and Ryle, it's not just a story about the sins of the past or the dreams for the future. It's as much a life lesson as it is one woman's journey from childhood to adolescence to adulthood, it's a story about life and love, of growing up, of holding on, of letting go, of living purely and simply.

"There is so much more good in him than bad, and I'll do whatever I can to convince him of that until he can see it, too."


There comes a moment with those rare gems when you finish a book and have no idea what to do with yourself... realising the only thing left is to go back to the beginning and start it again. I beg you pick up this book the way I did, without reading too much about it, without reading the blurb, and promise me that if you're an acknowledgement first kind of reader, forgo it just this once, go in blind with an open heart and mind, allow Hoover to take you on the journey she intended, because I promise you, your life will be richer for it. It Ends With Us is thought provoking, raw, honest and hauntingly eloquent from the very first line until the very last page, it's sheer staggering beauty comes from the tidal wave of emotion it evokes, from the unity you feel with Lily in every moment where you find yourself questioning where she ends and you begin. The best type of book leaves you wanting more, but not needing more, as I turned the last page that is exactly how Hoover's story left me feeling, my advice to you dear reader is Buy it. Read it. Most importantly EXPERIENCE this book!

"In the future...if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again...fall in love with me."


About Colleen Hoover:



I write because I need to.
I review because I want to.
I pay taxes because I have to.


Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com


Connect with Colleen on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment